Street level outreach to at-risk and parenting African American women as well as culturally sensitive case management, support, and empowerment workshops have greatly improved health and birth outcomes for the women and their infants under one year of age.
The program also provides access to prenatal and pediatric care, and encourages breast-feeding and health life-styles.
Clients enrolled in the program receive:
- Health Education and Counseling
- Parenting Information
- Nutrition Information
- Social Support and Empowerment Classes
- Parent Education and Father Support Classes
- Community Resource Referrals
- Bus Passes/Tokens
- Prenatal/Postnatal Incentives
- Home Visits
Upon completion of the program, clients receive a Certificate of Completion at the event Celebrating Healthy Black Babies.