The FamilySource Center addresses two key issues that keep families in poverty – low adult income and low student achievement.
Its first goal is to increase adult income in order to help families attain financial self-sufficiency and stability. Another goal is to improve you achievement in order to provide opportunities for better education and employment.
The FamilySource Center attains these goals by providing seamless services through a group of formal collaborators.
As lead agency, TCCI coordinates services of agencies including: EdBoost Education Corporation, Hurting and Hungry and Woodcraft Rangers.
Services to increase income for adults include:
- Employment Support & Financial Literacy
- Participant Expense for Employment/Training
- Case Managed Individual and Family Counseling
- Information and Referrals
- Family Management Workshops
- Parenting, ESL and Citizenship Classes
- Transportation Assistance
- Utility Bill Payment Assistance
- Free Tax Preparation/EITC Filing
- Free Child Care
- Food Distribution for Needy Families
Services to improve achievement for children:
- After School Enrichment
- Sports and Recreation
- Homework Assistance